Proverbs 1:8-9 Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.
In this teaching I focus upon how fathers and mothers instruct their children and how the children are to embrace their teachings. The Biblical wisdom that comes from fathers and mothers to their children beautifies the children if they will embrace the truth and walk in it. This is a clear exhortation to all children to take heed to what their parents say and not to rebel against it or reject it as worthless.
- The picture of a Father pleading with a son to take heed to wisdom [00:30]
- The basis of the text illustrates the imparting of wisdom from the parents and the receiving of wisdom by the children [01:05]
- Every godly father and mother longs to impart Biblical wisdom to their children [01:54]
- The wisdom from parents is beautiful [02:51]
- The fruit that comes from embracing Biblical wisdom is everlasting [03:30]
- Examples of children who didn’t take heed to their parent’s instruction [04:02]
“God has given fathers and mothers for a reason.” [01:04]