Proverbs 2:1-8 My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints.
In these eight verses King Solomon makes a compelling case for the tremendous value of wisdom. Wisdom is more precious than gold or silver or anything else in the earth. Wisdom has everlasting benefits to all who embrace it. Yet, we can’t simply see wisdom as valuable. We have to pursue it, seek after it, and be diligent in our efforts to find it. Wisdom is like a treasure hidden in a field and you must dig for it. Wisdom is found in the Bible and the Word of God is the book we must mine.
- King Solomon experienced the truth of this passage like no other man in human history [01:09]
- We should really see the tremendous value of wisdom in these verses [01:46]
- Jeremiah 29:13-14 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD. [03:09]
- We are to mine the Scripture just as miners are mining minerals in dark caves [03:45]
- Matthew 13:44 The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. [04:01]
- Solomon is exalting the value of wisdom [04:21]
- Embrace God’s wisdom today [05:10]
“The thrust of the text here is to be always seeking wisdom.” [03:22]