Proverbs 2:9-15 Then you will understand righteousness and justice and equity, every good path; for wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you, delivering you from the way of evil, from men of perverted speech, who forsake the paths of uprightness to walk in the ways of darkness, who rejoice in doing evil and delight in the perverseness of evil, men whose paths are crooked, and who are devious in their ways.
In these seven verses we see the effects of wisdom being embraced in the soul. Wisdom comes into the heart and there serves as a wonderful preservative. Wisdom is pleasant to the soul because it watches over us, guards us, and delivers us from the way of evil. Clinging to the wisdom of God will keep both young and old from much harm. It will keep us from the hurts of following wicked ways and evil men. It will protect us from all manner of evil influences.
- A clear division in the text with verses 9-11 speaking of wisdom taking root in the heart and verses 12-15 showing clearly how wisdom is a preservative [00:48]
- Wisdom embraced is wisdom that is rooted in the heart, it shapes all that we are [01:01]
- Psalm 121, the keeping power of God at work in the lives of His people [01:58]
- If you want safety, then cling to God’s wisdom [02:20]
- Bad men and evil influences are all around us and only God’s wisdom embraced will keep us safe [02:44]
- Brief look at Pilgrim’s Progress seeing how God’s wisdom preserves the lives of His people [03:00]
- The call to us all, apply your heart to God’s wisdom [04:58]
“Children, this is for you. If you want to be able to make right decisions, if you want to please mom and dad, ultimately, if you want to please the Lord, then His wisdom will fill your heart and mind, if you will embrace it.” [02:46]