Proverbs 2:16-19 So you will be delivered from the forbidden woman, from the adulteress with her smooth words, who forsakes the companion of her youth and forgets the covenant of her God; for her house sinks down to death, and her paths to the departed; none who go to her come back, nor do they regain the paths of life.
These 4 verses in Proverbs 2 continue to unfold the preserving benefits that come from embracing God’s wisdom in the heart. Not only does wisdom protect us and deliver us from evil men and wicked ways, but it also guards us against the enticing temptations of the forbidden woman.
In Ephesians 5:5 we read, “For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.” It is warnings like this in Proverbs, elsewhere in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament that prove to be very present helps to Christians in times of temptation.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Verses 16-19 continue on with the context of the benefits which come to those who embrace wisdom [00:42]
- God’s wisdom preserves us from the forbidden woman [01:31]
- How does God’s wisdom preserve us from sexual sin? [02:00]
- A brief discussion of Joseph and Potiphar’s wife in Genesis 39 [02:55]
- A brief look at Pilgrim’s Progress involving the encounter of Faithful with Wanton [04:09]
“And this is the good news that, you and I today, can embrace; the wisdom of God that will keep us and protect us from sin.” [02:46]
Leave a Reply