TEN TIPS FOR FAMILY DEVOTIONS
Here are ten tips related to family devotions.
- Less important than how you do family devotions is that you do family devotions.
- Keep family devotions simple, especially when starting out. Five engaging minutes are far better than twenty rambling ones.
- Family devotions is not only about gaining knowledge but also about establishing patterns and displaying priorities.
- The foundation of family devotions is simple: read and pray. Better said: read, teach, and pray.
- Family devotions don’t need to be fun, but they must not be drab either. Focus on engagement, not entertainment.
- The benefit of family devotions is not only gaining knowledge but also relating to God together as a family.
- Do not grow discouraged if your children look bored. Measure long, not short and let your kids be kids.
- Ask for tips on family devotions from others in your local church. Glean from their successes and false starts.
- Expect that God will work through family devotions but do not demand that his work take a certain form.
- Dad, take responsibility for family devotions. Lead your family by leading them to the Word and leading them in prayer.
~ from this article by Tim Challies
Leave a Reply