Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
These three verses found in Proverbs 3 are some of my favorite verses in the entire book of Proverbs. I cannot even begin to count the number of times I have quoted these verses to myself. What a clear division between two practices: trusting in the Lord and trusting in ourselves. God loves to be trusted. He loves to be consulted! He promises to make our paths straight if we will but trust in the Lord and look to Him in everything. Even if the path looks scary or is fraught with pain, let every believer continue to trust in the Lord.
- The first Bible verses I memorized as a new Christian [00:35]
- These verses are worthy of daily meditation, a help to Christians again and again [01:24]
- God’s blessing is upon those who trust in Him in spite of their hard circumstances [01:48]
- God loves to be trusted, all the more so when our circumstances are bleak [02:06]
- Self-trust is described as folly (Proverbs 28:26), rebellion (Jeremiah 2:13), and ruin (Isaiah 47) [02:13]
- We must take God at His word. What he says He will do, He will do! [02:48]
- The example of Noah’s faith [03:11]
- The example of Abraham’s faith [03:39]
- Romans 4:18-21 In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.” He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah’s womb. No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. [04:22]
- In all our ways we should acknowledge God and He will make our paths straight [05:21]
“God loves to be consulted! God loves to be trusted especially when circumstances are bleak and His providence is dark.” [02:03]