Proverbs 3:13-20 Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed. The LORD by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens; by his knowledge the deeps broke open, and the clouds drop down the dew.
In these eight verses we see the tremendous gain that comes to every Christian who finds and embraces and cleaves to God’s wisdom. Truly, the wisdom that comes from above is more valuable than silver and gold. What will it profit a person who gains the whole world and loses his own soul. Walking in God’s wisdom is life-giving and full of pleasantness. The very source of this wisdom is the Life-giver Himself. The wealth of wisdom is to be pursued by every Christian.
- Solomon commends the wealth of wisdom to all men [01:38]
- Unbelievers think Christianity is all about prohibitions and all that it costs a man to follow Christ [01:52]
- This thinking is completely unbiblical and false [02:19]
- In Jesus Christ we are truly free, free to enjoy God and the life He has given us [02:27]
- We need to be sure as parents that we press the law upon our children, but all the more so we must press grace upon them, grace that is greater than all our sins [02:59]
- God’s grace is a grace that frees the man to live unto the Lord [03:15]
- Nobody wants to be like a professing Christian who is always frowning [03:43]
“Christianity is not about, ‘Don’t do this. Don’t do this. Don’t do this.’ Christianity is about long life and pleasantness and joy in the Holy Spirit.” [02:25]